Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:13:13 -0400
LURKING MODE OFF.

I've read all those stories on the FML from people talking about "ferret
math" and I always thought to myself that it would never happen to me.
Well, guess what?  It happened to me. (couldn't see that one coming, huh?)

I went to the pet store to by some more ferret food, and I stopped by the
ferret cage (as I always do) to see what they had.  Well they had the most
beautiful ferret, I guess you could call him silver (although we call him
Ty).  My no new ferret defenses completely shut down, and we bought him.
He's young and very hyper.  He loves to "dance" for me, but then he gets
too worked up and starts attacking my toes.

At the pet store where I bought him (Petland Discounts, I think) they gave
us some ferret food.  It was out of the scoop your own area, and it looks
like the wood stove pellets.  It has to be the crappiest food I ever fed
my ferrets, and I mean that literally!  I've never seen so much poop before
in all my life.  I think they were pooping their body weight every day.
The only animal that I ever saw poop that much was those stupid Canadian
geese!!!  I switched the new ferret onto 8-1 ferret food, and that seems
to have cut down on the volume a bit.  LuLu (the older ferret) has also
increased her activity level, which has lead to a greater consumption of
food, and thus a greater output of poop (I guess what they say is true,
more input, more output).

Anyway, that's my ferret story, and my one of my 2 posts for 2000.

I hope everyone has had a good summer, and is looking forward to going
back to school (or looking forward to their kids going back to school).

Tony, Ty (the psycho ferret) & LuLu

LURKING MODE ON.