From:
Laura Horovitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:51:11 EDT
HI everyone!  We first want to thank EACH and every one of you for all your
emails and support!  We really learned alot from everything you sent and we
are finding that the Ferretone (sp?) is what she loves although we do limit
it.  She has gotten out of her litter box training and so we had to move
her food to her sleeping floor and keep the litter on the bottom.She seems
to be really perking up some!  I don't know if this is normal or not, but
when we get home, we let her out and she is wide eyed and runs around
(sadly she poops on the carpet) but she found a cat toy which is feathers
and shook it in her mouth like a dog!  It made me so happy!  I began
playing with her with it and she nipped at me and then licked me..  then
she went around to my feet and licked my toes!  Such a darling!  Her 4
story cage seems to be ok for her, but hate to see her locked up so I
usually hold her like a hammock in my shirt while I do stuff before bed.
Is it normal for her not to explore any of the other floors?  One time
tonite she leaned up and nosed me.  I think she was saying she liked me!

Whenever we let her out of the cage, she rolls herself on the carpet, I am
guessing this is good?

Well, thanks again for all the concerns and advice, I have printed out each
one and we have toys ordered, treats, vitamins and even a hammock on order.
We will spoil her rotten.

Take care!  I will update you on her prognosis with when she fattens up
some!  Any advice is ALWAYS welcome!

New Ferret owners of BARRET our heart!