From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 02:55:51 EDT
Hi Rochelle...

well I live in the State College area... if you go out in public you
have probably seen me... ever seen a girl with a big mohawk and lots of
piercings??  the mohawks gone now but the piercings remain... anyway if
you have seen her, you have seen me! =O)... I have 5 little monkeys
(ferrets)... I take them out with me in public OFTEN and 3 of them were
(so cool that you inquired) adopted from a shelter right there in State
College ... a really cool womyn named Mary McCarty runs a PFRA (Pensylvania
Ferret Rescue Association), they have a mailing list too, she is ALSO on
this list... *waves*... Hi Mary!!  Anyway... Mary is always looking for
people willing to volunteer their time at the shelter, especially
cleaning... you've got ONE imagine what 20 or 30 could do to a room...
lol.

http://www.ferretrescue.com/

this should take you to the main site for the PFRA... go to the Centre
county one (That's the one Mary runs)... and if you wanna see the babies
I adopted check out the Montgomery county one and look for the ones that
were THEN named Haley, Sandy and Pugsley.  they are my housemates now...
but they have new names except pugsley (when you see him you will see why
I kept his name... =O) )...

... on another note...
the pet store you are referring to... I purchased one of my babies from
them Bella... when I bought her, they gave me a really AWESOME deal on her
and the cage and ALL the accessories... I later found out that Bella had
had a rocky start to say the least... somebody purchased her before I
did...I got her because she was all alone, I felt bad for her and wanted to
give her attention and love so she wouldnt be lonely... turns out she was
returned to the pet store by the people who had originally purchased her
because she "bit their child"... when I first got her home and put her on
the floor to play she ran away from me, she was scared of people and she,
did infact, bite... HARD!  The store never told me that she had this
history, they should have told me, but to be honest, I remember that day
and that information would NOT have changed my mind about taking her home.
I know this may seem harsh but today has been a trying day with pet stores
and to be honest I am kinda FED UP... I am not sad that this store is
closing!  They were dishonest and the facts about my Bella add up to ONE
thing...they did not care about the welfare of my little monkey what they
really cared about what the money that they got from her sale... I
understand its a bussiness, thats fine, but if they are not able or willing
to take care of the animals (LIVING things) they decide to sell... its time
for a new bussiness!  Im glad they are seeing it my way!  *poopy grin* Did
you happen to notice the $$ on the ferrets??  ...and did you happen to
notice if they still had the dark brown (Chocolate) one that looked a
little older than the others?

Otay... nuff ranting...
If you have any problems finding the web site... feel free to e-mail me
directly... or actually... Mary may also respond to your request...=O)  But
either way ... feel free to e-mail me... maybe our ferrets can have play
time... =O)...

Bella:   Mommy, am I turning white??  I used to be black and brown and ...
Stuey:   Bella, Im telling... Im telling... MOmmy, she dumped the litter
         again!
Yoshi:   Dogs... *pthhhhhht*... Im a great foot warmer ... who needs dogs?
Pugsley: Im losing weight and I dint even know it... hmmmm, howd this
         happen?
Dharma:  Mmmmmm... toothpaste... I like it... Heeeey... whatta ya mean its
         good for me??  *nip*

and me... guardian of the treats... Betty!