Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:04:31 -0400
Daisy and I made it to Dr. Weiss on Tuesday.  Things looked good . . .
Dr. Williams had thought that it was Daisy's adrenal gland that was growing
so fast and Dr. Weiss agreed.  We talked about everything and we knew that
an operation was Daisy's only option, even though I knew she didn't recover
well from operations, with that "thing" growing in her larger and larger
daily there was a good chance that it would burst.  It went from an egg
size to the size of an orange in two days.  Dr. Weiss had removed adrenal
gland's that large before with much success.  We discussed what to do "just
in case" it wasn't an adrenal gland.  You know, if she was full of cancer
or something, I wouldn't want her suffering after an operation only to
pass away in the near future.

Dr. Weiss said that the surgery went very well and that it was Daisy's
adrenal gland.  He said sometimes he would have to remove it in pieces but
with hers the adrenal came out all in one piece.  Dr. Weiss thinks it was
filling with blood, which I guess is why it was growing so fast.  He also
noticed a tumor on her pancreas which he removed.  It wasn't until Daisy
was being closed up that her heart stopped beating.  Dr. Weiss didn't think
that she had a real heart problem, it's just that her heart wasn't strong
enough to keep going.  She's had that extra pound of fat to carry around
and fat also surrounded her heart.  Dr. Weiss and I both believe that the
adrenal problem is what caused Daisy's weight gain, although I'm pretty
sure that he said that it's not very often that that happens.

Daisy's has been such a monarch in my family of ferrets since she's come to
live with us in the beginning of 1998.  She was always on the chunky side
which gave her the cutest little waddle.  She also seemed so pleased to get
out and about (I don't think she did that much where she came from), she
would just dook, dook, dook all the time.

Her friends that she is survived by ~ Pooh Bear (her boyfriend), Minnie
(her bestest girlfriend), Pongo, Quasimodo and Abu.  Others that she is
survived by but if given the chance she would have kicked their butts ~
Nala, Meeko, Tookie, Gurgi, Buzz, Woody, Tinkerbell, Tito, Little John and
Tantor.  She was preceded in death by ~ Ariel, Baloo, Zima Belle, Hera,
Butterscotch Bo Peep, Zeus and Mushu and if she would have known them
and/or was given the chance she probably would have kicked their butts
also.  She was feisty but oh so sweet.  I don't think there is another
ferret around that enjoyed back rubs more than Daisy May.

Joy
~extremely saddened by the loss of Daisy.

Rest in Peace little Daisy May.