From:
Renee Ryerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:16:52 -0400
Of computers, velcro litter pans, moving vans, ferret hotels, and human
ferret math:

1. Boring stuff first: My computer's been down for almost a month.  It's
kind of running at half-mast right now, on safe mode.  It's a generic PC
laptop Pentium II running Windows 98.  I leave for the San
Francisco/Oakland/Berkeley area on Saturday.  Does anyone know a good PC
shop out there?

2. Re: Litter pans.  My last weasel was a princess who used her litter pan
every time.  My two current weasels, whom i got as kits, would climb into
the pan, back up until their hind legs got up on the edge and then proceed
to do their business over the edge with their body in the litter pan.  OY.
I finally solved this by purchasing a litterpan sized tupperware thing with
a lid and cutting a whole in the side.  then i clipped the lid on because
they were pushing it off.  Voila!  no pooping over the sides

Now unable to harass me with over-the-side poops, the weasels took to
moving the litter pan around the cage, spilling litter out the hole...the
answer to that was VELCRO.  I put velcro on the bottom of the pan and on
the bottom of the cage so it stays put while it's in there but is easy to
remove to clean around and under.  VOILA!  No more moving litter pan.

3. The movers came monday. As they lifted each piece of furniture out of
the living room they were amazed to find a bevy of socks and innersoles
hiding underneath..."what does this woman do with her footwear" they ask
themselves..."what kind of housekeeping is THIS?"

i was more interested in the discovery of ancient poop fossils hidden from
view for the past oh so many years....

4. I still really need to find a place for the ferrets to stay temporarily
while I find an apartment in Oakland, CA...I totally dropped the ball on
this when my computer crashed so now I'm all behind the eight ball.  I
contacted a couple of you who were sooo nice as to offer to care for them
last time I mentioned this, but would LOVE to find someone in New York City
since I don't have a car here and it would be much easier to take a taxi
somewhere within the city.  I'll be coming back for them in early august,
and of course will give you everything they need in the interim and a
donation for your time and effort or toward your own fuzzies.  If i have
to, of course, I'll find some way to get them out to the suburbs.  In the
meantime, they're hanging with me and my empty house in brooklyn.

5. Human ferret math: The forman of the moving team now wants a ferret of
his very own.  I gave him my email address so he can write me for more
info!!!  The iffy news is that he has a german shephard.  They're great
dogs but seem to play a little rough...does anyone know if they mix with
ferrets?

-Renee, Frett and Sully