From:
Bryan & Becky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:03:38 -0400
We have a five year old female ferret and we noticed a week or so ago that
the last four of her teats seem to be enlarged.  I thought at first she was
just chewing them, but now I see a little discharge after she goes to the
bathroom.  She is not losing any of her fur and her vulva is not enlarged.
We will be taking her to the vet on Friday.  Is she a candidate for
surgery?  I think my vet said he didn't like to operate on ferrets older
than 3.  She's healthy and as active as the rest of the girls.

Are these symptoms of adrenal disease?

Becky