From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:08:16 -0600
Dear Collective,

Today my old man, P.B., had a spot removed from his tail.  It was a sore
that flared up periodically and then went away.  My old vet thought it was
a histamine reaction.  In any case, this time it flared up twice as large
and my new vet felt strongly that it should be removed and sent to the lab.
So, we have a grouchy, tired, and sore fella.  To add ignomy to insult, the
three ferts just had the annual physical/shots and it turned out that ear
mites had got into the mix.  P.B. was just NOT happy about the ear drops
tonight.

We've also added a small puppy to our mix--a papillion.  The breed never
gets much larger than 7-10 lbs.  He's lighter than all are ferrets right
now weighing in at 2.5 lbs.  In very a very supervised way, intoduction
between he and the three fur snakes seems to be going alright.  However,
we're keeping all separated for the moment.  If anyone else out there has
a papillion, I'd be interested in hearing how you integrated the dog into
the business.

Cheers!
Matthew in CO.