From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:59:18 EDT
Update: Otis went in for surgery today and is resting at the moment.  He
did turn out to have a very large adrenal tumor, .5in.  It had grown into
the main artery but with alot of luck the doctor was able to remove all of
the tumor!!!  It did cost me $530.00!  I think Otis will be O.K.  now.  He
is dressed like a slinky right now and that looks uncomfy but other than
that he took some ferretone and a few licks of food mush.

Also I want to thank everyone for all thier prayers and letters!  I never
thought I would get so much support from people I dont know!  I am learning
alot through this list and just really appreciate everyone's help!!!!  I
wish I could answer all the letters personally, but I got so many!

Lastly, for anyone who expects thier ferret has a tumor it probably does!
Keep in mind I had the panel done twice, I had an ultrasound and an x-ray
and none of them showed this large mass!  Dont listen to the doctors, they
kept assuring me he didnt have the tumors and then to find out it had gone
this long and grown so big!  That really ticked me off.  If you suspect it
by hairloss, aggression or sudden mood changes it is most likely an adrenal
tumor.  Also, Otis was only one yr.  old when he started getting symptoms,
so dont think they have to be old to get the tumors.

Thanks Again,
Lisa (Lucky sweet Otis and Clara who is dying to see what Otis is doing in
the crate!)