From:
Scott Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:23:32 -0700
Hello

I need some help with one of my best friends.  I have a 2 1/2 y/o male
neutered ferret who went through anaphylactic shock from Fervac distemper
vaccine.  Some quick work by the vet kept him alive through the ordeal, but
he had to be hospitalized for two days on IV fluids, cimetidine (zantac),
Sucraflate, Baytril.  I got him home, under weight, nursed him back to
eating a regular diet.  He seemed to be getting along well, a visit to a
more informed exotic vet examined him and said he was doing quite well,
gaining weight, normal eating/stooling and playing.  Now, about 14 days
later, he's started to form skin masses, very superficial, hair matted to
the areas (2, another developed over the weekend =3 now) that resemble an
abrasion.  Does anybody have an idea what the heck this is?  Is my Buddy
in deep you know what?  HELP!

Scott Hunt