Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:03:48 -0700
From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Folks!

Well, better late than never.  The Lost Ferrets formerly-August contest,
which was then to start on the first of September is FINALLY ready.  If
all the participants get back to me before then, I will begin the contest
on the 15th.  Otherwise, I will post the day it begins, and that should
be only days after the 15th.  It will run from September 15 - October 14.
And if I start now, I may be able to run a special Halloween contest as
well!  We'll see.

I haven't posted a Lost Ferrets update in a while.  This is because
until this week there has been nothing new.  Kim at Kista posted about
a foundling earlier this week, which was also added to the Lost Ferrets
website, and that is all the new activity we have had.

Now, this next bit isn't exactly ferret related, but I would like to make a
brief statement to Lisette.  Your posts most often make me laugh, warm my
heart.  Those posts you make regarding more serious subjects, such as those
recently regarding Marshall Farms, are filled with genuin concern and
dedication to the small furry persons we all love.  However, this once, I
was actually offended by your post.

>With no hope and no money and the war over, the Germans flew in two
>little girls from Norway to the camp.  Flew them in to kill them.  Two
>little girls.

My reasons are simple.  My grandmother was a German war-bride in WWII.
She spent her childhood in a youth camp.  She was a German.  Do not
misunderstand me, she was not a victim of the atrocities going on.  She
was forced into Nazi-ism at the threat of her life, and that at a very
young age, as many children were.  Her mother was killed for her
objections.  As I said, my grandmother is a German.  The people who
committed the horrors of WWII were Nazis.  The difference is marked and
important to those of us who share links to that time and place.  Perhaps
the difference seems insignificant.  But please, as with squares and
rectangles, most Nazis were Germans, but not all Germans were Nazi's, and
those who weren't would prefer not to be included in such a sweeping
statement.  It would be like my saying the word "Southerner" in place of
the word "Slaver".  Thank you for understanding.

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets