Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:28:30 -0400
From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    Michal ginzburg <[log in to unmask]>
>I just got my first ferret ever it's a male.  And I wanted to know if it's
>a good idea to get another ferret which is a female.  I'm afraid they are
>going to mate and than I wouldn't know what to do with their offsprings.

You didn't say where you got your ferret.  Almost all petstore ferrets are
nuetered before coming to the store.  Most shelters nueter rescues before
placing them, and kits not intended for breeding go on an alter contract.

Nuetered pets won't engage in any sexual behavior, unless ill with a
hormone or endocrine disease.

Choice of ferrets depends on your personal taste.

I have a slight preference for males over females, relatively speaking,
males are slightly more likely than females to be mellow tempred.  I've
had some absolute sweet females and tyranical males.  My bonded pairs may
harras the poop out of any newcomer they can tagteam.

KG