From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:23:40 -0400
>Are roses poisonous?  I know they've eaten some petal, and possibly some
>bits of stem, although I caught them before they got too far into it.

Lots of people use rose petals and rose hips in teas, salads and even
"medications".  Just last night I saw a beautiful skunk poking around in
our backyard.  Big fluffy white tail!  I went outside to say hello and
it waddled off.  It had been poking around my roses.  Upon examination I
discovered that some of the lowest rosebuds had been eaten by a local wild
mustelid.  I would only worry about the roses if you think that they may
have been sprayed with pesticides, or preservatives in the flower shop.

            Bryan P. Coffey - Sudbury, MA
                         &
      Weasel Warriors - Albi, Esef, Merri, and Mint
        http://www.gis.net/~bpcoffey/furball.html