From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:23:59 -0400
My 3 year old, male, Buster has been vomiting off and on for six months.
I have had him to the vet 10 times since January (she is a very reputable
ferret vet), spending over $1100 so far.  We have done ex-rays,
ultrasounds, blood tests, changed his diet, cut out treats and he still
vomits at least 1x every other week (poops are normal).  He has lost close
1 1/2 pounds.  The ultrasound showed an adrenal problem, he ended up having
cryosurgery on the right and removing the left adrenal.  While having
adrenal surgery Dr. Dutton also looked for a blockage and found none.  He
is presently being treated for Inflammatory bowel disease (clamovox & pred)
and has been switched to Proplan Turkey and Barley diet.

He has been on Petpo, Amoxi, Predinisone and a combination of Amoxi and
Pred.  I'm getting desperate (actually I've been desperate for six months!)
Has anyone had any strange experiences like this?