From:
mark strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:57:02 -0400
Well it has finally happened to me, after 3 years of being owned by two
weasels My boy Bob has gotten very sick he spent most of the day at the
vets today.  After a complete exam fecal tests and a couple of x-rays we
still aren't sure what is wrong with him.  He is very listless, he has lost
some weight and has had diarrhea for the last two days, he is on duck soup
and pedialyte in addition to Metronidazole and Amoxicillan.  The vet also
wants me to give him some pepcid to treat his stomach.  I haven't heard any
coughing or retching at all.  The x-rays looked normal except for a
slightly enlarged spleen, which he has actually had since I got him 3 years
ago.  So I think we have ruled out a blockage for the moment.  He does seem
a bit better after the meds and some sub q fluids at the vets.  He is
drinking and and eating duck soup, ferretone and ferretvite.  I haven't
seen him at the food dish so i don't think he feels up to solid foods.  I
really didn't know what to do today he was just lying there on the exam
table not moving very much, i thought i was going to lose him.  I even told
him it was ok to go if he had to.  He looked right up at me after that and
gave a fresh stool sample for the vet in response.  Leave it to a fert to
find a very clear way to make a point.  Boy sometimes I take for granted
how important they are to me.  Hopefully he will turn around ok, he turned
down raisin this morning for the first time ever and I new he was really
sick

Any thoughts on what this might be would be much appreciated.

Mark, Bob and Marmot