From:
srblegal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 09:08:09 -0500
I have a question, as usual, for either Bob Church or someone out there:

What are prebiotics or peribiotics, which are found in dog's, cat's, or
animal's kibble type food?

I was reading in a HEALTHY LIVING magazine the other evening and wondered
if any of the pre or peribiotics which are added to the kibble fed to our
animals have any causal effect concerning cancer.

Oh, by the way, when I rescued Portia last year, she bit the hell out of
everyone.  She would attack me and the dogs and the cats.  I made sure she
knew what "no" was by my voice inflection.  My first reaction was to slap.
I did this and I was wrong.  With the advice of Babette Novak (she has a
ferret club somewhere in Illinois), and others, I just heaped the love on
Portia, played with her a lot, and I can now say she is as wonderful as can
be.  I pick her up gently, wrap her back legs around my left forearm while
holding her chest in the palm of my hand, and stroke, and kiss, and bury my
face in her fat fur covered body.  She now licks my leg, and begs me to
pick her up.  This took a long time.  Long time.  She very lovingly plays
with my collie, Rex, and they go at it for a pretty good while.  She will
bite a stranger, though.  She will bite when she doesn't trust a person who
doesn't know ferrets.  I still have to supervise her handling.  But, she
has made quantum leaps and bounds where her temperament is concerned and it
is just time and love.  Lots of love, and lots of time.

Thank you for listening,

Sarah,
owned by fattie Portia (gimme newton, gimme newton, I want newton!!!!!!),
ol lady alpha-Stela (who singlehandedly moved the ferret gate with her two
front paws the other day!),
and Max, who just loves to play, lie on mom's and dad's bed, and give
kisses and look so damn cute....