From:
"R. Worthing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:58:11 -0500
Someone asked about ferret-proofing the cords and wires behind their desk.
I, too, had that problem with the brats unplugging the computer and I was
afraid someone would try to "kill" one of those "snakes" that plugs into
the wall.  I considered running all the cords through a length of PVC pipe
and taping the ends.  Didn't get around to doing THAT part but I taped the
cords into the outlets, shoved the desk all the way against the wall and
bought a piece of plywood.  Cut the plywood to fit snugly under the desk so
that they cannot go behind it to where the cords are.  This worked for me
because my desk is designed in such a way that there is an 8" wide area
between the wall and the back of the desk even when it is shoved flush
against the wall.

PATH VALLEY FERRETS

I have 5 ferrets.  Two of them are PV fer-brats; Kiwi-a dark-eyed white
(with a silver ring around his tail) and Theodorable -a handsome blaze.

Kiwi is more energetic (how is THAT for diplomatic??) than all the others.
He is CONSTANTLY on the go.  He's also the alpha ferret and proves this
by dragging everyone around by the neck.  He's the Houdini ferret whose
escape-ades (s'cuse the pun) drove me to using extra locks, clips, and
clamps on the cage doors.  He's the one who dug enormous holes in my sofa,
who tips over the garbage, and is a master climber.  I swear, that ferret
can scale marble walls!  He's mastered flying and swimming, too.  Kiwi was
undoubtedly a Navy SEAL in a former life.  He must have some Italian in him
too as he's the most kissy ferret!  Even when he's in trouble, he lavishes
me with kisses (although he was a terrible biter when he was a baby).

Theo-dorable is the blaze.... deaf blaze.  He's hell-on-wheels too and
thinks that cats were designed with ferrets in mind.  His deafness doesn't
slow him down.... he's just more easily startled.  Actually, I think his
deafness makes him faster so that he can avoid discipline on short notice!
I believe his speed makes up for his deafness.  Theo is THE fastest ferret
I have ever seen.  Must have some Cheetah in his blood.  He loves to
snuggle for about 2.3 seconds and then he's off bouncing around like Tigger
in Winnie the Pooh.

Both ferrets are fairly big boys and very healthy thus far.  They have
great dispositions and I wouldn't hesitate to have a PV Farms ferret
again... and again... and again...

BTW---- My local Wal*Mart had some small pieces of carpeting for sale.
They were in pieces approx.  2' x 1 1/2', two in a package for $1.00 a
package.  They are for tossing in your car or putting near the front door
for muddy shoes, etc.  Nothing fancy about them but I bought a stack of
them to use in the ferret cage.  They are cheap enough so that when they
get too soiled and odiferous, I can just toss them out and replace with
new ones.  (Works good in the guinea pig cage, too)

That's all folks!

Renee
Looking for some ferret people in your area?  Then check out the
                      FML Where List at:
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/3157/where.html
            And the Shelter/Rescue and Club List at:
   http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/3157/where2.html