Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 08:35:09 +0100
From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
I wonder if anyone can possibly tell me how long the RSPCA has to keep an
animal before putting it to sleep?

One day last week a very friendly hob ferret decided to go walkabout.  He
kept giving his owner the slip, dived under a fence etc which his owner
couldn't climb over.  After losing Boe's trail the owner went home and
printed out over 600 flyers complete with photo of Boe.  Jon and his girl
friend, Sharon, shoved the flyers though doors in the area where Boe was
last seen.  After 5 hours of freedom Boe gave himself up and wandered into
a police station.  The police called in the RSPCA - an official arrived to
take the ferret.  Within 10 minutes of picking up the ferret, a much loved
pet, the slime ball gave Boe a lethal injection, so much for the caring,
wonderful RSPCA... If the cameras aren't around or they don't think they
can get good publicity they don't give a toss.  I reckon they've bitten off
a bit more than they can chew this time... they are going to get plenty of
publicity - only not the kind they'd like... Jon has been promised that the
RSPCA will carry out an internal investigation - stuff that for a lark, a
public investigation, with the head of the official concerned on a platter.
They won't tell him the name of the man who murdered Boe.  I guess the
perpetrator would have good reason to be worried if his name was given out.

The RSPCA seem to be convinced that ferrets are wild animals - if you write
to them asking about their policy on ferrets you will (perhaps) get a reply
from their wild life officer... good eh?  How the heck do you convince them
ferrets are a domestic animal and have been for over two and half thousand
years....

Anyway Boe's story will be going up on my web pages shortly... complete
with a memorial to Boe.  My sympathy goes to Jon and Sharon who have lost
a loved pet.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.