From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:41:33 -0400
HI all!  Jerimiah HERE!

Well The Aroma Therapy kid has been chattering so much- I might be able to
hear!  There is this slight ticking I keep hearing every so often!  He is
eating & pooping up a storm.  He didn't mind at all the folks was gone
during the day on Saturday-- but I missed being able to intimidate the
best of them! :(

I guess the Ferretstock day was a great one - BUT I wasn't allowed to
attend-- they said that they were afraid my manners wouldn't be of a best
interest?  Hmmmm, don't have a clue what they mean-- I would love to taste,
ah, meet some new folks!  My picture was on the Photo board-- but i DIDN'T
GET A PRIZE-- cAN you IMAGINE?????  Some ferrets riding on a sled in the
snow got picked over me in my hippie outfit -- I cannot believe the bad
taste of those folks who judged!  People and FERRETS! came form New
Brunswick Canada and York, PA!  That is a long way to travel!

Shelter MOm is still walking around in a daze... sleep deprivation-- and
I like it because I can run circles all around her.  They are trying to
figure out about tutoring the new guy soon-- as they suspect he needs it
for some confounded reason.... I want to know just which school he gets to
go too-- I have been here and the only lessons I get is in manners!  NO
FUN!  A tiny little ferret kid ( his Mom) won the HUGE special Martin's
cage-- now they have to get him a bride cause the cage is WAYYYY to big
for a lonely little ferret-- I think we should have that sucker right here-
I would love to mess up a bigger cage!!  Lots of shelter families were
here -- including "Harley's " new Mom who will bring all the kids next
year!  I will work on my good manners so I can go play next year!  COME
AND SEE ME THEN! at Ferretstock 2001!

There is some sadder news however-- my best friend Buddy who moved away a
short time go-- has unexpectedly left for the rainbow bridge.  Buddy had
stopped walking-- and a lots of folks were raising money to get him a
wheelchair-- well Buddy needed a new heart-- his was broken and that made
him not able to walk.  He started getting really sick on Saturday-- and the
emergency vet was able to locate the problem.  The blood clot which made
him not walk caused Buddy to go to sleep, Mom said he can't wake up
anymore.  I miss Buddy, so does the rest of the folks.... In his Memory
they are putting the funds for his wheel cart into a special rehabilitation
account for the next special kid.  ( Hey, aren't I special?) This will
allow them to treat the next special kid with extra care if they need it.
Mom wants to thank every one who donated items for ebay for Buddy-- they
will now go to the Memorial fund-- so we can make all the sick kids better.
That way I can teach them all Jerimiah tricks!  Speaking of that!  GIVE
"BEAU" a big round of applause-- he trashed the NEW Cheerio box.
Hahahahahahaha!  - they thought I made a mess!  Well, on Saturday night
when the folks came in to switch kids around and tidy up the shelter - a
new box of cheerios which Connie brought me (' cause she felt sorry for me)
was all over the place!!!!  I couldn't help from the cage-- but I sure did
coach him good!  An A for effort on the cheerio caper!

New auctions are on ebay this week-- (lots of folks got neat hammies like
the ferretstock folks last time) If you have a hankering check out:
Ferret Appliqued Golf Towel ends 9/17
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=434512688

Simply Violets top ferret sleeper   ends 9/18
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=433108326

Ferret Appliqued Hand towel set ends 9/18
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=435298285

Lilac & Turquoise top ferret sleeper ends 9/19
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=433270424

Pumpkin Gift Set for Ferrets!  ends 9/20
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=434890130

Oriental design top ferret sleeper ends 9/21
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=435273261#DESC

The next big event at the shelter is in December ( 9th 11Am-2 PM) when we
hold open house- they serve lots of goodies and have lots of raffles.
Maybe you can come & visit- and sneak me some treats.  The shelter folks
will be popping around this fall at some ferretty shows selling hammies &
such-- I hope they bring us back new toys-- we just love that!

Jerimiah,
Jr Mascot at Ferret Wise Shelter
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

Do your internet shopping thorugh the iGive marketplace-- where you can
help support the programs here at FerretWise
http://www.igive.com/ferretwise