Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:31:11 -0700
Randy Horton wrote:

>Another food that can kill your ferret is Nutriphase, you know???
>the one with the hard banana chips in it.

Randy, Banana chips will not hurt a ferret.  Banana chips are dried and
the instant they get wet, they again return to the slimy state they were
in before they were dried.  I have been feeding banana chips to my
'busyness' of ferrets for 12 years now with no problems.

Now, if one is feeding them as a steady diet, ah yes, bad business
there...I feed mine as treats only.

I do agree with you on the dried fruit ferret foods out there.  No way
will dried chunks of apples or pineapple, or whatever they use, soften
enough to pass safely through a ferret's gut, most of the time.

As for the product, Nutriphase..I have never heard of it, so that in
itself could be the culprit if you have substantiation of a ferret's
death due to its use.

BTW...you mentioned going 'down' Nevada to California..I take it you
mean you will be going down the Eastern side of the state, going through
Las Vegas.  If you decide to go West via I-80, let me know..I am in
Reno, just before you hit the FFZ.  If you do come this way..would love
to meet you.

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)