From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:22:56 -0400
>From:    Jennifer Ras <[log in to unmask]>
>I was wondering if there are any known causes of sudden sexual behavior by
>a fixed male towards other ferrets besides as a symptom of adrenal disease.
>Sylvester has suddenly began to exhibit this behavior.

Prostate cancer or other disease or damage to that gland.

We had a little Marshall's boy that was the sweetest thing.  Eventaully his
tail went bald, and he began to act like a hob in season.  He was tested
and checked and ultra sound for adrenal for several times and it was always
negative.  The vet could never find anything wrong with him even after he
lost weight..  A necropsy showed he had prostate cancer.

KG