From:
Deborah DuVaLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:31:53 EDT
Well Dooks to all and hello.  I read and compare ferret info with all on
the list.GOD bless all ferretfolk for the love and care they give thier
lil ones.

I simply adore my (MF) Ferrets i have a Female Sable (GRACIE) whom is most
like a very very smart snooty lil ole lady.  She is 3 years old and the
furry love in my life.  I also have a beautiful silvermitt male (FRITZ) he
is like my funny lil braveheart Hunter.  I got Fritz when he was very tiny
and with a prolapsed rectum.  He was very screamy and was sickly i feel
in love with him the moment i see him.  I brought him home in sickness
determined to make him well.  GRACIE took over and was the pride of all
FERRET motherhood she,i and the vet got him well with a proper working
behind.  She (still) grooms and loves him uncondtionally.  Both are very
happy healthy wonderful pets.  Both live in a 3 story condo-cage thats half
the size of my tiny apartment with any and every luxury i can give them.
If ever i was homeless thier cage would suit me fine.

The way I have raised my ferret goes very basic and to what i felt works
thus far for mine.  Its totally different than what i read on here from
all you guys.  Please dont hate me for this.  The point i am making
is...Well..maybe to much HYPE is on the health and maintence problems i
read so much on here.  I feed my ferrets kitten chow mixed with grapenut
O's once daily.  Along with a self feeder of marshall farm food.  I give
them vita-sol and fresh water.  My male loves to eat BABY FOOD--> Squash,
Meats, & Certain fruit kinds like pears or banana's.He is in excellent
health and weighs in at a healty 5 plus pds.  My female is a pickier one i
give her plenty of treats she does enjoy certain BABY food fruits.Her fav
treats are red twizzlers & P-nut btr i give her about twice a week.  All of
these are in small doeses.

Both also get honeycombs cereal maybe three each they actaully eat.  The
rest goes to the honeycomb hideout (Under my Couch).  Which i know one day
when i move i could feed a 3rd world country with whats hidden under there.
Both also get feretone.

So what i am saying is i hear so much anti sugar dont do this and dont do
that and poor thing dies as a result of this and that.  As for mine They
have only had one round of baby shots and eat sugar.  Last time they seen a
VET they was in perfect condition.  So you see i would say you guys do what
you think is best for your babies.  All i am saying is mine go against what
people would say and i have had not life threatening problems at all.  GO
FIGURE

DEB and the "Fur Babies"

P.S if any one wants to see pix of my cute FurBabies i would be glad to
share pix with you.I have got some really funny shots of (FRITZ) into
toilet paper antics.  And of course (GRACIE) won cutest ferret award on
the internet in 1998.  She is very pretty and a little smarter than i
would like her to be.  Especailly when it comes to hiding my cell phone and
calling strange numbers on it.OH the fun these lil guys give me.Thank you
Lord for making such a inquisitive lil creature to share thier lives with
me and allowing me to take care of them AMEN.