From:
friskyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:18:51 +0100
Thankyou to those who responded.  Today, Snoopy went to the vet.  He was
thouraghly examined and declared fit!  The vet says he is in rut (awaiting
castration soon), and this lapping of urine could be affiliated to high
testosterone levels.  His poor little jill certainly has a neck to show
for it! (she has jill-jabs at present).  I mentioned the possibility of
enlarged prostrate and retention of urine and the vet said thankfully this
doesn't seem to occur in castrated hobs, so very soon he will have his
little operation!  (I dread it!).  I watch him carefully, and he is passing
urine normally and not drinking all of it either!  Regards from one very
relieved ferreter!!