Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 18:20:40 +0100
Some of us are trying to help Boe's cause.  Having paid to get my ferrets
microchipped I wonder if it was in fact worth it in one way.  Boe never
had a chance.  I am lucky in that my local Scottish SPCA centre does take
in ferrets and two independent rescue groups also do locally.  However,
Berwickshire does have lots of little villages and several people use
ferrets for hunting.  So we have more than average ferret owners.  Most
vets here do scan animals for microchips now but if the animal never
reaches a vet then the microchip is useless.

Jacqui
--
Visit my hiding place at
http://www.btinternet.com/~hobgoblina/selkie