From:
"Christopher A. Frick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:02:37 -0500
Hi all,
Well, it's been an interesting few days!  On Friday, Chopper had a reaction
to one of his vaccines--pretty bad and was kept at the vet for several
hours after being given cortisone and benedryl and some fluids.  He was
fine that evening and the next day, but Sunday he began drooling profusely
and, subsequently got extremely dehydrated.  I called the Volusia County
Emergency Animal Clinic, asked if there "was anyone there who knew how to
work on ferrets," asked for directions, and then spoke with Kevin from the
Brevard County Ferret Rescue just to confirm that Chopper was, indeed in
trouble.  So, about an hour and a half, $82, and 40 cc's of subcutaneous
fluids later, Chop is doing much better and back to his old self again.

BTW he was given Fervac-D and Imrab (gotten a lot of emails asking which
vaccines were administered).  If there is a next time, as I'm now
considering the possibility of not getting him vaccinated in the future,
he will be getting pre-medicated, and I'm going to schedule an observation
period with the vet just to make sure he pulls out of it.

Thanks and dooks to all of you who've privately emailed me, I really
appreciate the help, info, kind words and all.

Chris, slave of weasel