Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 17:14:11 -0500
From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Hypocrisy  -
"everybody knows" opinions from the righteously indignant on this list
include:

#1. Proctor & Gamble is a terrible company because they bought IAMS and
slightly changed the formula a few months ago.  I was made to feel I was
a neglectful ferret owner if I fed the product.  I never experienced any
diarrhea or any other ill effect from the IAMS kitten formula that I
continue to feed along with Totally Ferret.

Marshall Farms food will cause "stinky" litter boxes and has too much fish
in it to be healthy for my ferrets.  I stopped feeding it to my furrfaces
in order to switch to Totally Ferret.  In several years of using it I
never had any quality problems, recalls or ferrets refusing to eat it.
They just stayed healthy.

Totally Ferret is so superior that you must not care for your ferret if
you don't feed it.  After all it's not made by a big company and we all
know that means it must be better because those greedy big companies don't
care about quality - only money.

Five days ago I opened a new 15 pound bag.  I noticed a different smell.
The 5 furrballs in this house refuse to eat it.  They dug it out of the
bowl looking for their "real" food.  This is a new experience for me.  I
never had that with IAMS or Marshalls.  My ferrets would be either sick
or starving if I depended on this "superior" product only.

Then I read:
>From:    Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rancid Totally Ferret
>I also received several bags of rancid food from my distributor with the
>date of June 10, 2001.  I returned them and received a new shipment today
>with the date of September 13, 2001.  I just got off the phone with
>Performance Foods, the manufacturer, and they said the September date was
>OK but it still smells a little funny to me.  They said it wouldn't hurt
>the ferrets, it would just give them diarrhea.  I put some food down to
>see if they would eat it to test this batch.  So far, no one has touched
>it.  I hope I don't get 15 ferrets all with diarrhea."

It won't hurt them - just give them diarrhea!!!!!!!!!!  Well that is a
concerned attitude!

I also called Performance Foods at the number I got from their website
with a question about the date and smell.  I'm still awaiting an answer.

Someone else, who also didn't properly read the above quote, blamed a
"dealer" for making that statement.

Reread what Donna said: "I just got off the phone with Performance Foods,
the manufacturer,..."  Yes, the MANUFACTURER (my emphasis).

We certainly wouldn't want to step on Performance Foods feelings now
would we!!!!!

Let's bash those pet store owners and big companies everytime we can.

Don't worry if it's not true!!!!

TODAY I read an apology from Performance Foods posted anonymously on the
FML implying that they've known about the problem for some time.  How do
I convey that to the several people without access to the FML that I have
convinced to use TF????

Where was this great concern when they first found out and didn't inform
us BEFORE we spent our money with them?????  Why weren't those of us who
get the Performance Foods e-mail propaganda newsletter informed?????

WHERE are the posts from the righteously indignant regarding this????

P & G didn't cause my ferrets to get sick but you flamed them.

Marshall didn't cause my ferrets to get sick but you continually flame
them.

WHERE are the flames to Totally Ferret folks????

This is hypocrisy at it's best.

#2. There has recently been a thread about breeding deaf ferrets.  A
"quality" breeder has been attacked and defended.  I'm taking no position
regarding that issue as this is an individual decision each has to make.
That is what freedom is about.

What offends me is that the "politically correct righteously indignant"
Marshall Farms bashers have brought them into the argument.  Once again
someone who didn't read the thread has accused Marshall Farms of breeding
deaf ferrets with only "The Rude One" and myself making a comment about
this totally false statement.

Where is the fairness????

Does the truth have no value to you if it doesn't support your
prejudices????

It seems perfectly OK with the "politically correct indignantly righteous"
on this list to let falsehoods pass without comment as long as they are
aimed at the "correct" target.

And then you wonder why you're not taken seriously by those of us with a
connection to the real world.

John Gordon in Pekin IL very indignantly trying to explain to Bill,
Hillary, Leroy, BabyGirl and Hershey why their food is "rancid" and they
have to go hungry.  "Sorry for the inconvenience" doesn't seem to fill
their tummies.  Marshalls and IAMS will.  And safely too!