Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:33:09 -0500
From:
Hello all,

Well I want to make a couple of comments here to yesterdays posts on this.

Melissa wrote:
>For me, the big concern with colloidal minerals of any type, including
>silver, is that because it is not a "drug" it is not regulated.  Frankly,
>that tips me off right there.  The FDA won't approve it, so it is sold as
>a dietary supplement.  Personally, that scares me.  Here is the real issue.
>Is colloidal silver a neccessary part of a ferret's healthy diet?

OK, I am extremely confused.  I have been reading about it being used for
illness, not as a dietary supplement.  In fact, all the uses I have read
for colloid silver is as a treatment for something.  Not as a supplement.

Jennifer wrote:
>My findings: not a single clinical study has been reported in the last 25
>years that shows the effectiveness of colloidal silver to fight diseases
>in humans.

I have to laugh just a little here.  A few years ago I had a doctor talk to
me about using a medicine for arthritic pain, he thought it was the onset
of rheumatoid arthritis.  He was up front with me, that it was used in the
last century for this and there was absolutely no scientific reason that it
worked, couldn't be proven but the fact was it did work when nothing else
would.  Gold.  And yes, they still use it.

To me so much medicine is anecdotal.  You cannot just rely upon studies.  I
mean my goodness, how many studies told us how bad salt is for high blood
pressure and now they say it isn't.

Would I give it everyday to a ferret.  Nope.  But as an anti-bacterial it
helped to save the live of a ferret I had with ece.  After a month of trips
to the vet and lots and lots of meds and supportive care.  One dose of duck
soup containing it and the diarrhea stopped.  Period.

So I tend to use it when nothing else works.  I always have it around.
Just in case.