Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:18:01 -0400
From:
Test Scoring 3 <[log in to unmask]>
I wanted to make a post to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers
for my little one.  Unfortunately, Allie crossed over the bridge on Friday
night.  There,waiting at the bridge, she met her sister Stripe, who died of
cancer 3 yrs ago, and Scarlet, my littlest one who found more than she had
bargained for in the dishwasher, (again,a reminder to you all, PLEASE watch
your fuzzbutts around such large appliances),as well as a host of your
fuzzy friends still waiting for their loved ones.

I actually had an appointment for Saturday to do the deed - she just wasn't
getting any better or showing any signs of improvement whatsoever.  Of
course, I wrestled forcefully with this decision.  I kept thinking, what if
she just needs a little more time to build up some stregnth.  What if she'd
get better?  Well, I think she agreed with my (tentative) decision to put
her down.  She went peacefully and in her sleep the night before. :0)

I was however, absolutely enraged at the comment of a friend - "sorry to
hear about your rat croaking...".  I don't care if one owns ferrets or not
- how can a friend possibly be this insensitive!!!!  If he knows enough
about how much she was loved to attempt to express some kind of
condolances, why would he throw the "rat" thing in?  He KNOWS what she is
and how much she meant to me...I could of strangled him on the spot he made
me SO MAD!!!  I let it go after I cursed him a bit for his insensitivity.
Has anyone else run into this?  My (non-ferret owning) friends frequently
joke about me and my "rats" at home, but there's a time when it's funny
and a time when (as in this instance) it'll cause someone who's
upset/concerned/grieving to fly completely off the handle!

Anyway, thank you to all for the letters of advice and expressions of your
thoughts and prayers.  They meant so very much to us.

Dooks and kisses to all,
Kim (the grieving mommy)
Jerry and Stimy (who just miss their sister.)