Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:31:08 -0700
From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Afternoon, folks!

I know I haven't written an update on the Lost Ferrets website in a
while.  For that I apologize.  I have been somewhat distracted by personal
problems.  However, I will be bringing things back on track with this week
and the announcement of the May contest winners.  First, I'll fill ya all
in on the status of the website.  For more info on any of these listings,
please visit:
www.geocities.com/lostferrets/list.html

In the lost ferrets department we have:
Sugar Baby, from Indianapolis, IN, is still missing, since January.  Her
momma has pretty much given up hope, guys, so now is a good time for kind
thoughts and prayers.

Hardley Dizzy, from Portland, OR, is also still missing.  It has been since
April for him.

Peepers, from San Jose, CA, is still on the site.  Been since the end of
April for him.

Bandett, from East Stroudsburg, PA is also still missing, since the end of
April.

Again, for these little guys who've been gone for more than a month or so,
now would be a good time for kind words to the sad moms and dads.  We have
one new listing.  An aging little girl with cataracts went missing May
22th in Sandy, OR.  She is a 6 year old female sable named Emmy.  Contact
Virginia Rada with any info you might have.

There are six old and three new found ferret listings.  One of the old
ones and two of the new ones belong to Chris Mathis of the Oregon Ferret
Shelter.  Let's see, there is the dear who was found in the middle of the
road near Newport, OR, a little over a month ago, and there was a little
one found on SE 138th in Portland, OR, and another little one in Sherwood,
OR, both at the beginning of June.  We also still have listings on the
little ones found in the Whitley area of Reading, Berkshire, UK; Farmington
Hill, MI on May 5th; Beavercreek/Riverside, OH on May 8th; Newark, NJ on
May 8th; and Chesapeake, VA on May 11th.  The other new found entry was
posted by Chris K of Ferrets Anonymous and regards a little one found in
La Mesa, CA at the end of May.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the announcement of the
winners of the May contest.  I would like to begin by saying that I
received 99 entries.  That averages out to more than 3 people checking
the Lost Ferrets website daily.  That is great!!  I won't be doing a June
contest, but in July, I would love to see those numbers even higher!
Speaking of which, until June 25th, I will be taking suggestions for the
prizes for July.  Three prizes, one worth about $25, one worth $15-$20
and one worth $10.  Please email suggestions to me at:

Ok, enough chatter, here are the winners.  I should have contacted each of
you personally by the time this message is published in the FML.  If not,
please email me at the above address.  You can also read these results at
the Lost Ferrets website, at: www.geocities.com/lostferrets/maycontest.html

The winner of the first prize, a hand-made, polar bear print, polar fleece
tunnel maze, is: Sandi Browning!  Once again, I would like to thank the
poster of this wonderful suggestion!!

The winner of the second prize, a collection of new ferret toys, is Cathy
Jo Buechler!

The winner of the third prize, a $10 gift certificate to the Ferret Store,
is CozyZone!

Cathy Jo will also be receiving a special prize, along with Shea Anson, and
Carla Roberts, for the number of entries they submitted.  The reason for
this special prize is that the more times you enter, the more times you are
checking the website, which is the whole reason for the contest.  Cathy Jo
submitted 16 entries, which means she was checking the website at least
every other day.  That is what we're looking for!

Carla submitted 12 entries and Shea submitted 11.  Every three days or so
they checked the website.  For their concern and persistence, each of them
will receive a $5.00 gift certificate from the Ferret Store.  I know $5
won't get you much, but since this money is coming out of my pocket, I
can't afford to give you what you deserve.  Which brings me to a little
reminder... Lost Ferrets is an affiliate of the Ferret Store and
Amazon.com.  Clicking on banner ads and buying stuff will earn money for
Lost Ferrets, which will, in turn be handed out to participating shelters.
Frequency and method of these donations will depend on how much revenue the
banners are generating.  So, if you buy supplies from the Ferret Store, and
currently just go straight to the website, you might consider clicking
through from the Lost Ferrets website, or the website of one of your
favorite shelters.  Doesn't cost you a thing, and the benefits to the
shelters could be more than you know!

Well, that's it from Lost Ferrets for now.  Next week I will begin the
regular weekly updates again.  And don't forget to keep checking the
website for lost ferrets in your area!  Thanks again to everyone who
entered the contest, and all the shelters, individuals, and organizations
who participate!!  Have a great day!

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets