Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 07:45:55 -0400
From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    Animal Lover <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Intelliegence
>Got me thinking the other day, do our fuzzies miss us when we are not home
>with them, when we go to work, to the store, do they long for us to return
>to them??

Hi--

My ferrets certainly know me.  I handle them daily, and even the most
incorrigible biter in our little shelter efforts is a complete sweetie.

My husband takes more nips than I do and some of the ferrets are less
inclinded to listen to him.  Ilsa was out and my husband picked her up to
give her a treat and pet her.  She was getting ready to nip him.  She
didn't listen to him.  The moment I spoke out, she stopped in her tracks,
got her treat and was put down.

A rescue that came to us from a pet store was an absolute sweetheart.  I
found on trying to adopt her out, she was extremely nippy and didn't want
to be handled by anyone.  I can't take her out in public for the same
reason..  Even our vet took a few nips from her.  I gave up on trying to
adopt her out.  She's mine now.

KG