From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 08:35:48 EDT
For [log in to unmask]:
There is one very noted ferret rescue in Lowden, TN right below Knoxville.
There are some other ferret shelters about that come and go and just plain
don't have the record that the Glasgows have as far as East TN.  I must say
they run that place on a wing and a prayer... they are modest people that
sacrifice much for these creatures.  Every ferret in their shelter is nice
and fat lol, and their coats are to DIE for.  All but one cage of the more
severe problem animals and horribly abused are well socialized with humans,
most are socialized with other ferrets.  They get the best of food, etc.
They usually have tons of animals to choose from.  They know every detail
of each ones personality, and past.  So they can match you well.  They will
tell you that most of their ferrets are older or have problems such as past
abuse, adrenal, etc.  But I visited and there were tons to choose from that
were 3 months to 3 years old that were cuddly and healthy really.

I personally wanted to get all my ferrets from there since Rocky...yup the
famous Rocky is from there (see my shelter page on my site below)... but
transportation has been a problem for us, and hubby fell for a kit in a pet
store since, then I found a needy kit in a pet store since.  ugh.

Go to my site below, then to the shelter page to find their address,
number, and email....they rarely answer email so I encourage you to call
and talk to these very sweet people.  Tell them you are from the fml, tell
them Sean and "Rocky's" mother refered you.  They had this huge, sweet baby
butterscotch a while back (I WANT IT< I HAVE NO ROOM THOUGH UGH)... maybe
he is still up for adoption.  If not... that's ok cause buddy they got some
big, cuddly, soft boys with lots of kisses.

Wolfy
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/