From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:19:20 -0400
It has been another busy, busy week -- In the past two weeks we have had
one older ferret pass away, one emergency case at the shelter -- have done
5 ferrets spays (Thanks to Dr. George) -- and this week 8 more ferrets
(recent intakes) had ADV tests, and 2 were vaccinated against rabies all in
preparation of finding them new - loving homes!  We also conducted 3 pre
screening interviews, consulted with 35 ferret owners on health & training
issues, referred 9 adoption inquiries to closer shelters, and tried to
keep on top of shelter chores -- where 3 ferrets are currently waiting for
adoption finalization.  It is a whirlwind here at the shelter.  Several
adoption appts are scheduled for the weekend and next week.

Shelter Mom is going to slow down and get over her bronchitis when all the
work is done-- she promised!

Karen- our web site hero -- has once again updated the site with
information on our Adopt A Beanie (TY) program and added new sleep sacks
to the ferret "Fun-alia" catalog at
   http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/funalia.html

We may see at least two ferret residents leave for their adopted homes this
weekend and 1-2 follow by mid week.

In the meantime, a huge mailing has been posted with early entry forms
and information on events -- and commemorative t-shirt order forms for
"Ferretstock!" Which is turning out to be bigger & better than expected--
a "Blessing of the Animals will be held immediately before the Ferretstock
event and we now have a teddy bear clinic scheduled to be held during the
day with noted teddy bear artist Janet O'Brien of Zu Zu Bears.  She will
make minor and not so minor repairs to those teddies of ferrets and their
friends all to help the shelter work!  We are excited about this new
exhibit at Ferretstock.  Games contests and the Ferret Walk ( a thon) for
FerretWise ( a pre register event) where top fund raising ferrets will get
uniquely crafted artisan trophies , contests and games with LOTS of prizes,
A Soap making seminar is scheduled to be hosted with Ela (advance
registration is required), ferret tarot readings will return.  Ferret
shelters will offer items from stained glass, to wall quilts, to bedding
items and much more - a bake sale table will be hosted by the "Friends of
Ferretwise Society" and cheesecake and carrot cake are among the many
delectable treats that will offer there.

If there are those who wish to travel - but need overnight accommodations -
please email the shelter ASAP- so a block of rooms can be set up at a
nearby motel we will be happy to provide you with contact information!

Those who would like the "Ferretstock" celebration information -- or raffle
entries for the adopt-a-thon raffles are invited to send a self-addressed,
stamped (33cents) envelope to:

Ferret Wise- "Ferretstock"
PO Box 561
Marlborough, NH  03455-0561

Today adoption kits are being assembled to go with ferrets adopted in this
years annual Adopt A Thon.  As a special perk we have ferrety catalogs,
medical record sheets, Modern Ferret Magazines, Ferrets Magazines, ferret
food samples, a ferret care book and more which will go with each adoption.
A raffle with 14 great prizes is scheduled for May 7th the second and final
open house day - which promises to be the best end to adopt a thon weekend
ever at Ferret Wise.

A reminder that Ferret Wise folks will be at a ferret education day On
Saturday April 29 from 11AM- 2 PM at Lisa's Pet Emporium, Rt 12, ( in the
Price Chopper Mall) West Boylston, MA.  Please stop by with questions- or
to get information.  We look forward to meeting old and new friends at
these events!

stop by our site at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

and please consider stopping by iGive where your clicks can help support
shelter kids-- and all it takes is a bit of your time!
http://www.igive.com/ferretwise