From:
friskyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:53:56 +0100
Hi everyone, Frisky here.  I have just read the posting from Marissa
regarding ferret cruelty at these shows, expo's where-ever and I cannot
believe these people are getting away with this abuse in front of the
public, how dare they?  They are abusing an animal far smaller than they
are simply because they can.  From the behaviour described I would suggest
that they have negligable understanding of ferret behaviour, breeders or
not.  I would go over to the abuser and give them a great deal of abuse
myself, making sure I was heard.  For sure, this person, or people must
be named and shamed publicly or this unforgivable cruelty will not stop.
Their arrogance is breathtaking.  I will certainly be writing to that
address Marissa.  The animals have no voice, we are their only advocates.

" The question is not ' can they reason?' nor 'can they talk?' but 'can
they suffer?' " Jeremy Bentham 1823.

Speaking out against cruelty.

Frisky and her tribe.
Love to all ferties everywhere!