From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:00:26 -0500
Hello everyone!  I just wanted to thank everyone publically for all the
wonderful support we've received over this past week with Geisha's passing.
I think we received close to *40* messages from friends, collegues and
total strangers.  It was overwhelming but touching.  I *think* I managed
to e-mail everyone back and say thank you.  If I somehow missed you, I am
very sorry but there were just so many messages to reply to so I'll thank
you.  Thanks so much!

Well, I received a phone call on Thursday from the clinic, telling me that
Geisha's remains were back (we had her cremated) and we could come and pick
her up.  I was abit shocked listening to this message - I hadn't expected
to hear from them until at least this week.  Had another cry then went to
hug the kids and felt abit better.

Jasper and I went to pick her up last night.  It was a strange feeling.
All three of the boys passed away at times when the ground wasn't
hard/frozen, so we just buried the body.  But since the ground is still too
cold to dig deep enough, we had to go with the cremation.  We will spread
some of her ashes on Buster's grave, take some of the dirt from his spot
and put this along with the rest of the ashes with Gushi and Nik.  Probably
won't get to that until mid-April because Jasper will be away on business
the first week of April.

I don't think I mentioned this in my last message about Geisha, but I
didn't really realize this until last Sunday that Geisha was my first
female pet ever.  Three male dogs, two male cats (both black), and three
male ferrets to start and then my babe-o-fur.  Funny what goes through your
head when you're upset and running off to the emergency vet at 11:30pm on a
Sunday night.

Well, that's about it for now - thank you all for being so darned great!
The support really did make our loss of Geisha easier to handle.  Take care
and hugs to all!

George, Jasper and the Crew - missing those old ferts

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret