From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:27:39 +1100
>Anyone with bunnies and ferrets as pets, please email me.  Let me know how
>you handle things and how the bun takes to it.  I want the best for the
>little critter, whatever that may be."

Hi Jaclyn,
I live in a house with my flatmate and her rabbit and cat.  The rabbit
lives in a hutch outside and wanders freely in the backyard, the cat lives
inside and wanders around there, and my fuzzies (through prior arrangement
with my flatmate before I moved in) live in a cage in the backyard during
the day and come in for a play at night after work.

Quite often, I will let my fuzzies out on leashes in the backyard so they
can wander around.  Twice (and my flatmate doesn't know this) Tabitha (my
more aggressive albino ferret) has gotten too close to Toby (the rabbit)
and jumped on him.  If I hadn't been there to supervise I don't think that
Toby would still be alive - Tab went straight for the back of the neck.

So my advice is this: If you are going to keep the rabbit, keep them
completely separate - even just playing with the rabbit would probably
kill it, let alone going for the neck and "shaking" the rabbit.

I hope this helps,
Regards,
Georgina, Tabitha and Endora

P.S.  I would like to say to the people that set up the ferret screensaver
that it is amazing!!!  THANK YOU!!!  :-)
Georgina Barratt-See
Administrative Assistant
Grant Support - Research Office
Rupert Myers Building