From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:12:49 MST
Thanks to all the caring folks who have sent advice, thoughts, support and
encouragement to me regarding Timon.  I have been so upset by this... I
thought I was kind of used to seeing ferrets in all sorts of bad shape
since we do rescue, but nothing prepared me for the first time seeing one
of my own babies looking bad.  Not to say I love or feel bad for the
rescues any less mind you, but I am sure anyone who has ever bred any
animal can understand... THIS was a baby I handraised, fed a bottle to
and loved since the second he was born.

Anyways, the lady never even showed back up to go over any papers or future
regarding him, but she did call and ask if I would be willing to take her
cage and sell it for her so she could get THAT money back.  That's no
biggie to me, people adopting often ask if I have or know of a used cage
they could buy.  If getting some money out of the cage will make her happy,
that works for me.  I DID tell her I was very dissapointed in how he looked
and she just kind of shrugged it of.  I asked why she had not called me
sooner and told me there was a problem, I could have helped her with him
and she said she just didn't want to bother with it.  She left a small sack
of his food with him.... *grocery store brand* CAT food... so that answers
a lot of how he got looking bad.

Here is a link to a set of pictures... one set taken when I babysat him 5
months ago and the others taken Thursday night.  I have not *tweaked* the
color in either set, the difference you see is really the difference in
his coat.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=87904&a=642674&p=18007796&Sequence=0

Thanks again for all the support.
Susan