From:
EI - Lydia Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:10:07 -0500
What a weekend.  It actually started last wed.  I noticed that Mr. Snowman
was not playing.  When I picked him up I realized that he was lighter.  So
I weighed him.  He had last 3 oz!  I got out the duck soup, got the amoxi,
and the sick cage.  I started making sure he ate, but by sat I saw no
improvement except he hadn't lost anymore weight.  So sat morning off tthe
vet.  Poor baby has gastric ulcers.  He is still on duck soup and amoxi,
plus we are giving him pepto (which he hates) and some kayo syrup.  He does
seem a little more alert, and actually moved around yesterday.  I am
suppose to be giving him the a/d food but no go on that.  He won't take it.

On sunday the petco had a vet do shots so Bubba, Snickers, and Casper had
to have some so we went.  Bubba got his rabies no problem.  Casper had
distemper no problem, my baby Snickers had her distemper and started
throwing up.  Scared me half out of my whit's!!!  My baby was sick but
she was so sweet she puked in the litter box.  What a sweetheart.  "Mommy
I don't feel good but I won't make a mess for you to clean up."  I called
for the vet and he said just let her be, and then about 5 minutes he came
back she was still off and on so he gave her more benadryl.  She was much
better.  We stayed there a good hr, and she was fine.  So does this mean
next year she should be given more benadryl?  or should we not give her
the distemper?  And our vet said we should give the ferrets heartworm
protection, is anybody doing this?  He said it should be giving all year
round?

Lydia and the crew
Snickers, Casper, Bubba, Trooper, Smokey, Mr. Snowman
http://www.HLRConnect.com/ferrets/