From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 01:49:46 EST
Thanks to everyone who forwarded the "poopie" spam from "Mike".  I took
a look at it a little more closely: turns out a script was imbedded in
the email to take you to "www.alladvantage.com" with a particular referal
number which would credit "Mike's" account if you sign up.

This wasn't a dangerous piece of email -- just an unethical one.  Now,
here's how you can help:

alladvantage.com seems to have a pretty strong policy against spammers.
You can either forward the mail you received to [log in to unmask]
or you can report the spam at
http://www.alladvantage.com/spamreportform.asp

They promise to revoke the accounts of anyone who has spammed if they
get complaints.  Of course, I've already complained, but feel free to
complain on your own!

Thanks,
Bill