From:
"Robert J. Tomastik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:27:57 -0000
Hello, I have two ferrets one Pharaoh and the other Newt.
I haven't tried the Chicken Gravy yet Although I do like the duck soup and
so do my babies.  I have heard of having the butcher chop the chicken into
pieces for you so it is easier to process.  Has anyone had the butcher
grind it for you in their meat grinder?  I'm not sure if this is something
the butcher would do, I'm sure it would make blenders last longer.  Also on
the Ensure debate, I use Ensure light in my duck soup, it only has 200
cal./ 8oz., 18g of sugar, and is lactose free.  My sympathies to all the
sick and injured fuzzies out there my Newt is recovering from having his
tail bobbed, the vet had to remove three vertebrae; do to a chordoma on the
end of his tail.  He is doing very well, neither he nor his buddy Pharaoh
are bothering his bandages.  I have heard of testing for ADV is there a
test to see if your ferret has had or is shedding ECE.  I want to go to the
Ferret Olympics but I what to make sure I am in the right group.  I have
had Pharaoh all of his life, and Newt is a rescue, but neither has ever
been sick.  If Pharaoh had it as a kit before I got him and Newt had it
before I got him how would I know?  Also, how many of you are going to be
at the Ferret Olympics?

Thank you for your time and responses,=20
Tina, Pharaoh, and Newt     =20