Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 05:12:53 -0500
An additional comment on this.

Sneezing is not the only indication of an allergy.  My Polly at one point
got *very* itchy, to the point where she'd actually chewed most of the
hair off her tail.  I went through everything I could think of before
considering adrenal (I had another awaiting surgury, she went in today, and
died post-op.  Post-mortem was inconclusive but showed a number of things
wrong that had not shown up with the blood test, hopefully further testing
of tissues will yield more answers.  She is already sorely missed.).  For
Polly I considered everything, and started thinking she'd developed an
allergy to the food I was feeding...I switch between a couple different
kinds and she'd been off one for about a month.  But then I remembered
that I'd also tried wood pellets for the first time (a hardwood pellet I
believe, not Stove Chow brand).  I switched back to the corn cob litter I
used before.

Within a *week* she had quit itching as much and had started growing the
fur on her tail back!

So be aware of other problems too.  I'm *so* glad I realized it could be
the litter before I tried finding out what it was in the food she was
eating she was allergic to!

Hug them, they're with us for too brief a time.
Sue
Buddy, Anchoby, Polly
missing Tempest and Rosa