From:
"Ed Crist Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 10:19:28 EDT
AFA
I take extreme offense at your attitude.  You and other members of your
board have singled out my wife and have persecuted her for being honest
and trying to overcome a very difficult situation.  She is not like those
who have kept this thing a secret for over a two years.  Your lack of
compassion and defense was obvious at the show in New Jersey where you
stated that she had to move her stand because "there were people who didn't
want to be near her." You have known my wife for years and know that her
prime goal has always been to try to please everyone and make them feel
better about themselves.  You also know that she loves ferrets and would
NEVER put them at risk.  You should have defended her if nothing else.  Now
you have added insult to injury by again singling her out, I noticed that
WarmFuzzy was the sole recipient of this directive and all of the carbon
copies went to board members.  Do you honestly expect people to pay for
retesting every eight weeks when the results are constantly negative?

If you expect this response at all of your shows, either your organization
will have to pay for this tesing or require testing of all ferrets coming
into your show.  Consider that the message you have presented throughout
this whole scarry situation is to "keep your mouth shut".  If anyone has a
ferret that tests ADV positive they will definately not tell you or anyone
else for fear of the same treatment that you have given my wife.

Clarence Hertzog
Hi to all
The above is the Hertzog's answer to the letter That Vickie McKimmey had
written about WarmFuzzy and ADV.  The members that stand behind Vickie and
condone her actions should be aware that it is a matter of time before the
governmental boddies concerning these animals will be involved and these
actions will help shut down the ferret communitty.  I for one will not
stand for it at all.  I have asked AFA members repeatedly to help the
hertzogs deal with these problems instead of fighting them with these
results.  AFA if something works don't change it and if it's broke don't
fight over it help get it back on the track.  Help your ferret brothers and
sisters and stop picking on them.or singleing them out.  I was also told by
an AFA board member that when a ferret flatens itself it means it is sick.
If that be the case then every ferret I see is sick.  God Bless them.

                          Happy FLAT ferreting
                 Ed Sr., Potto, Fuzzy, & Samantha Crist ( [log in to unmask] )