From:
Marion Houle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:04:48 -0400
Moxie,

This is what I had to do with mine - don't worry, no one can see it, and
if you can, get someone to help you, I did it alone, and it took me over
5 hours and lots of swearing!!!  The fuzzies were certainly no help
either!!!

Measure your bed (mine is a king - 6 feet by 6 feet) go off to the hardware
store and buy really strong chicken wire, and duct tape.  Get a staple gun
and staples.  Rip the canvassing cover off the box spring (mine was already
torn to shreds - it's not that hard tho).  Make sure you get all of it off-
they can get their claws in there and get stuck.  Put box spring up side
down on the floor, and staple the chicken wire to the bottom of the box
spring.  I had to buy mine in three strips and "sew" them together with
metal "thread -wire?".  Then, put lots of duct tape around the edges where
you stapled it to the bed, and make sure to tape around the edges of the
chicken wire - it is very sharp.  Put bed back together and voila!!!
Ferret proofed!!!

Good luck and have fun

Marion