Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:22:32 EDT
I have an older lady-Bea- who works part time for me who is as sweet as
honey and as naive as a child in many ways.  Her dearest friend of 20 years
just died, and she was in tears when she came back from the funeral.  The
tears stemmed from her anger.

Alice had been a volunteer at a Catholic hospital during those 20 years she
knew Bea, and had extended many kindness' to hundreds of others there.  She
believed in God, and was in church on her knees before the Lord every
morning.

Bea called everyone at the hospital that Alice had touched in a special
way to let them know that Alice had died, and to inform them of the
funeral-literally 5 minutes away.

NO ONE attended the funeral but Bea and the family of Alice.  After 20
years of working for nothing, and making what she thought were solid
friends--no one could be bothered to honor the memory of Alice.

It is this kind of callous disregard for a fine unselfish person that
reminds me of how important it is to show my support, fellowship, and
respect for those I consider to be my friends.

I would express my sorrow over the loss of George by Lynn Seigel.  Lynn is
one of those unselfish people that gives the FML "heart." How many of us
have received a card and kind word when we had a beloved ferret sick or
dead??  If you only knew of how utterly unselfish she is-you would be
floored.

I do not want to wait until Lynn passes to say that I honor her and
appreciate her many acts of kindness.  I am sorry for her loss of George.
I know she is in tears.  You are loved and in my prayers-dear Lynn.

There is Steph, and Jacqueline, and Liz, Vicki, Laurel, Kat, and So Many of
you that have written to help me.  My warmest thanks for all of your acts
of kindness!!!!!!!!!!  My gratitude for your friendship.

Alice gave 20 years of her life -- never making a penny -- to a Catholic
hospital.  Not a single nun that knew her and all of her good works went
to her funeral.  May God have a special place of honor for this Christian
woman.

My sorrow at the loss so many of you have suffered.  Ferrets are so like
children in their wild abandoned playfullness,never ending inquisitive
nature, lack of fear, and utter trust in us.  Their loss is literally
debilitating.

Lisette