From:
Ken meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 11:47:57 -0800
Hey FMLers,

This is gonna be rough, but I think there are some here that need a slap
across the head to wake up.

Hidden cameras recording the people at the show?  Undercover agents
watching the behavior of owners/ breeders?  Shall we go find a direct
descendant of Herr Heinrich Himmler to head this group?  There are plenty
of unemployed members of the GRU and KGB that we can bring in for this
odious task.

WHAT are you thinking? Unbelieveable!

This is America.  Our rights and freedoms get eroded ever time the local,
state and federal legislative groups go into session.  (Remember NYC)
Should we really allow this to creep down to the level of ferret shows?

This stinks folks.  Police yourselves.  If you see something, speak up.
If you are afraid of a repraisal, speak to an official at the show, but
have some guts.  If we do not police ourselves, then someone will do the
policing for us.

I was at the show on Saturday.  At the door was a young man that encouraged
my GF and I to join the AFA.  My girlfriend suggested we join, but I
declined.  I am a very regular reader and sometimes poster to APF and FML,
and I am not comfortable with all the machinations, infighting, and dirty
politics in the AFA.

Also, did I not read in V. McK.'s post that she does not read the FML,
that she is too busy to read the largest, most informative publication in
Ferretdom?  I am astonished to read that bit of news.

Just my two cents, but I publicly state, that should any of these
underhanded Orwellian fantasies become reality, I will never attend a show
and never support a shelter that belongs to an organization that allows
such tactics to be employed.

Please, no flames of "How dare you compare ferret shows to the holocaust."
The Nazis gained power by people ignoring the usurpation of their rights.

A hopping MAD Kens

=====
To succed in Life:

Work Like You Don't Need The Money