Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:05:05 -0500
Thank you all for your recipes for duck soup.  Sorry my last post was so
short.  I guess I could tell you a little about my fuzzies.  I've only got
two fuzzies at the time being but I plan on upsizing my family in the
future.  My fuzzies are Misty and Thumper.  They are both MF ferrets.
Misty is 7 and a half and we are guessing that Thumper is about 9 months.
They said she was six months when I got her in December.  Misty is
currently fighting adrenal disease.  We gave her the Lupron shot in Febuary
and she is doing very well now.  Her hair is growing back and her vulva and
nipples are not as swollen.  She has gained almost a pound in a month.
Which is good for her.  because she was at 8 oz.  when she was diagnosed.
She is now almost two pounds now.  She has always done her little ferret
war dance even when she was not feeling up to it.  She was a rescue about
four six years ago.  The former owners had her in a small bird cage and had
a harnesss on her that it was so tight it rubbed all of the fur off where
the harness was.  She was always the ferret on the top (sleeping).  I don't
know why but she would never sleep on the bottom.  At the time we had two
other ferrets.  Baby and Idget.  Both were MF babies but I loved them all
the same.  That is all they sell here in Jacksonville NC.  But all of my
futture ferrets will definately be rescues.  I am going to be opening a
ferret shelter here as soon as I possibly can.  My finances are a bit on
the down side right now but I will do it.  It has always been a dream of
mine.  Baby and Idget have both crossed over tthe rainbow bridge.  Idget
was the first ferret I had ever seen.  He was an albino.  He used to like
to go under the couch and bitt the backs of our ankles.  He was our escape
artistt.  As a matter of fact he had gotten out of the house somehow or
another and was attacked by a cat and lost one of his eyes.  As a matter of
fact after that he had thiss thing for cats.  He wanted to eat them.  He
used to literally DRAG our cat under our dresser in the ferret room.  He
crossed to the rainbow bridge on Febuary 2, 1997.  He will be greatly
missed.  As for Baby she was the runt of her family.  she never got over a
lb and a half.  She was also an escape artist.  She got out also and was
attacked by a dog twice.  She some how or another got out of her cage once
and was gone for like three days.  Our cat actually brought her home.  Talk
abboutt a scare.  Now we have an escappe proof cage.  She sadly crossed the
rainbow bridge on January 1, 1998.  Almmost a year after her love mate.
They are now together digging and killing grapes and dooking greatfully.
As for Thumper, she was a petstore babe.  She was there for about tthree
months and they were going to send her back to MF.  So I knew i couldn't
let that happen.  So I got mmyself an early Christmas present.  She was
purchased on December 18, 1999.  Well i guess that is my story.