From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:18:34 -0900
Thank you Troy Lynn,
I have been blessed as have the children of fur given to my care by the
many opinions of those ferret owners who have found treatment options that
a vet would not normally try.  Something that leaves the normal practice.
When ECE hit my shelter almost 3 years ago, the vets here in Fairbanks did
not have a clue what I was talking about.  If not for the FML, we would not
have been able to treat it as successfully as we did.  There is not a month
that goes by when I do not have a question for those of you that are more
ferret experienced than I.  I hope that I have ben able to do the same from
time to time.  Support, advice and sympathy are all found on this forum and
I would be lost without it..  A big Thank you to all who want to help.

I have also been dismayed at the angry sounding posts and flames that
sometimes seem to take up the bulk of the FML and go on for weeks.  We
are all entitled to opinion and most of us will not change that opinion.
Especially when flames lick at the heels.  It is a big turn off.  Besides,
in light of the election year in our midst, don't we get enough verbal
assaults every time we turn on the radio and TV.

Lets not turn this very informative forum into yet another venue to attack
those with differing opinions or that have made mistkes out of ignorance.
There is not a one of us that is perfect.

Might I offer another suggestion, especially for this list.  For those of
us that observe it, tomorrow is the first day of Lent.  As the mother of 3
teenagers, I am going to attempt the impossible and give up my anger for
things that they do that are beyond my control.  It is easy to give up
chocolate or coffee or some other outside element.  It is tougher I think
to give up a way of thinking or a way of life.  Think of something that you
do that can be percieved as destructive to others and give it up during
this season.  Our world and those children of fur in our care will be much
better off to have a life filled with love and compassion.

Just my opinion though.

Diana and The Ferret Farm