Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:01:38 EST
From:
Marissa Bonasia <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,
Just wanted to clarify something here with Vickie McKimmy's post:

>Fact #4: The persecution of a different breeder was not at an AFA show,
>despite the allegations outlined in Ms. Eckert s post.  It was the July
>WarmFuzzy show in PA.  And to set the record straight, the individual that
>posted against the breeder from the July PA show, when asked to visually
>identify the breeder, agreed that it wasn t who she thought it was so she
>was flaming the wrong person!

This isn't true.  There were two people who brought forward who and what
they saw concerning the abuse at the Warm Fuzzy show in July.  I was one of
them.  I have never been confused of who the individual was.  I have never
retracted what I said.  The other person who saw this incident was confused
originally because the next time she saw the breeder, she looked a little
different (the first was a summer show, the second was a fall show, and the
third show was a winter show) and the person looked different to her.  This
other witness has since confirmed that it WAS who she originally thought it
was.  I have never wavered for an instant on the identity of this person.
I have no agenda then the welfare of ferrets.  I have not named this person
outright.  However, I may if this person insults my intelligence by denying
it in public or private emails.

>This ferret was being scruffed firmly for disciplinary actions and >he was
>vocalizing as some young ferrets will do.  The ferret in question was a 3
>pound, 5 month old hob who bit some folks when they were trying to pick up
>other ferrets.  This was not ferret abuse by any means.

I have emailed Ms. McKimmy personally regarding this matter and she has
responded.  I think it would be helpful to compile a list of inappropriate
discipline measures to hand out to people who have tables at shows.  This
way, there would be no confusion as to what is or is not inappropriate.

--Marissa