Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1980 01:03:57 -0500
From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

CONGRATULATIONS on the 3000th!!  DooooooK!!!!!  DooooooooK!!!!

I'm eternally grateful to all of you here for advice and kind words in
times of need.  I'd also like to thank my friend, Dan, for getting this
dang-blasted computer going again in time for the next 1000 issues...may
they all be as good and friendly as the ones I've read from this month...
whew...finally caught up...again<GGG>.

Still find some days tough thinking about Gus-gus and Finny, but am most
grateful that the rest of my kids are doing well and causing trouble when
they can.  Deepest sympathy to all who have recently lost fuzzies close to
them.

I have a rabbit story too....I used to have a huge female Rex named Annie.
Annie was very much her own rabbit to begin with, not very cuddly or
"people oriented", but preferred to explore and do bunny things on her own.
One day, her silly owner (me) brought home this teeny,tiny,itty-bitty baby
ferret...about as big as one of Annie's ears.....and you would have thought
the world was ending.  Stomping, thrashing, charging, screaming (have you
ever HEARD a rabbit scream?) spraying urine;the works...it took me and two
othe people, along with some balnkets and some gloves...to get Annie back
in her cage..did I mention this was all from just seeing the ferret in my
hands from across the room???

After that, Annie never was the same....I felt really bad for her, and
found her a nice non-ferrety home because she didn't eat or sleep the same,
even though the poor ferret wasn't even allowed in the same room with her.
Sometimes I wonder..why didn't I just take back the ferret....but I was so
in love with him ten years ago....now I look at my seven sleeping in the
heap by the door.  I still like bunnies, and small critters and birds, so
I work with them at my job everyday.  I suppose there are some that DO get
along, but if either animal is stressed, then it would have to be balanced
with their quality of life..as in, how much separate time can you give
them each and every day?  Sometimes I feel guily if a ferret comes to the
plexidoor begging to come out and play and I have to run out, or do this or
that, plus work, etc.  I suppose if you can balance it fairly, and provide
a stress free area for the bunny to live in, then it should be OK...as long
as it's totally ferret PROOFED.

Well, it's 1am, totally pooped but caught up on the lists.....time to put
the furpile to bed and hit the sack myself...(Colin's lookin at me like
I've LOST it over here mumblin somethin' bout "poor bunny..."

Michele & the furpile