Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:29:46 -0500
From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Condolences to those with lost, sick or Angeled Fuzzbutts.

Say...what's the deal with this *ferret room* business?  I thought the
entire HOUSE was supposed to be a ferret room! :)

On a more sane note (HA!), I thought that I'd throw in a few thoughts on
designing and setting up a ferret room, if anyone was interested.

First, consider creating a floor space that can be covered with a removable
and washable surface, such as rug runners.  Though the runners can be
expensive (about $8 per segment), the time savings alone can be worth the
effort.  On top of that, the savings on damage to the flooring can be added
to the bank account to go towards the purchase of more fuzzbutt toys
(alright...who'se ferret is influencing my thoughts?!?)!

To use the runners, what you will need to do is this.  If you have
carpeting on the floor currently, you can tack strips of velcro to the
carpeting, then put the matching strips on the edges of the runners.  Lay
the runners down carefully on the velcro strips on the carpet, making sure
that two runners meet edge to edge.  When you need to clean up deposits,
it's simple to wipe the area clean.  Once the deposits have gotten the
better of you and a handi-wipe, you can just lift the runner up, place it
in a utility sink (or carry it outside, where the garden hose is) and wash
it clean with a little Mr. Clean (or other general purpose cleaner).  Shake
dry and replace.

It isn't necessary to cover the entire floor for this to be effective.  You
can line the baseboards with a runner (1/2 up the side, 1/2 on the floor),
or just cover problem areas.  Clean up is a snap!

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/