Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:48:43 -0500
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
You asked so: Hanan Caine is at St.  Marks Veterinary Hospital now; it's in
the East Village.  He's the vet who helped us cope with the numerous health
problems of deformed Ruffle who needed very special care, managed to
perform major surgeries (multiple at the same time but essential) on Ruffie
when she also had dilated cardiomyopathy, helped Meltdown have more than
a year of extra time after her dilated cardiomyopathy with ventricular
bigemini was discovered, safely performed a complicated right adrenalectomy
on Hjalmar at age 8, found 'Chopper the Organic Helicopter's hidden
hypertrophic cardiomyopathy even though that type usually is not found till
late stages, etc.  Our ferrets have always just plain LOVED him; he even
borrowed Glueball and Meeteetse for a school education lecture and could
barely talk for all of Glueball's kisses.  He did exotics work at the AMC
(also a place to find great exotics vets in NYC -- people like Ben Otten,
Kathy Quesenberry -- yes, of the vet text, etc.  and a place to which to
donate for work to improve ferret vet knowledge and care) before coming out
to this area, but left here to be near the center of his universe.  He's a
great guy and works his tail off to help critters.  Besides, we've never
found a better surgeon for survivability -- we NEVER lost a ferret to
surgery with him and over the years there have been a LOT on quite a number
of ferrets; as you see some were very difficult ones.  The three most
recent were Meeteetse's adrenal, Warp's insulinoma, and Scooter's paw
reshapings due to his mother having partially eaten him after he was born.
Great at finding hidden problems, too.  so that they can be successfully
tackled.