Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:59:55 EST
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Hi there...and not to be an Eoore concerning Melissas research on this...
obviously she is really trying to source things out and may actually be
able to expand upon her findings re: SC stance in CA.  But in the meantime
I would suggest that everyone check with CFL on this as well or perhaps
they will answer here on the FML.  My understanding is that the National
Sierra Club as its own org may have a "no stance" attitude on the DOMESTIC
ferret legalization effort in CA, but that the Califonia STATE chapter of
the Sierra Club is steadfastly against the legalization/delisting process.

And besides, as I remember (at my advanced, crotchity age) the state org of
SC has intimated a no stance position in the past only to change it at the
last minute while in front of the Senate Parks Water and Wildlife Comm.  So
I would be VERY cautious about accepting their word at this point unless we
can get in writing on HARD COPY.  Anyone out there seen it on official SC
letterhead???

I would go into the F&G Commission hearing on April 6th (Sacramento...10am)
assuming that the SC rep from State HQ will oppose any delisting effort.
If they go on record to some other tune (and CFL should know) the better
for us, if not, we kind of knew anyway and in the meantime can keep the
letters going to the SC San Francisco HQ to support the legalization
effort.  Perhaps one of us will receive a positve response.

Hey, have a great weekend with your fuzzies folks...
[PA]